What data do we collect?
We collect certain data which are necessary to provide you with our services, and which assist us to constantly improve our services. We may collect, store and process the following data:
- any data you provide when filling out a form on our website, whether when you register with us, request information, report problems or require additional services;
- contact you make with us (such as by the secure mail in your account area, email, letter, text or phone);
- data you provide in response to a survey request;
- details about your visits to our website, including your IP address, browser type, traffic data, length of visit, resources used or viewed, location data, operating system and similar information;
- data collected through your distribution of any referral or affiliate links.
How do we use the data?
We may use the data collected from you in the following ways:
- to ensure that our website is as fast and efficient as possible, and compatible with your software and settings;
- to perform our services under any agreement between us and you;
- to enable our sub-contractors to provide aspects of our services to you;
- to contact you in relation to the services we provide to you;
- to analyse and improve the services we provide;
- to allow you to use different resources and materials on our website;
- to personalise the way information on our website is presented to you;
- to allow you to share content and materials on our website via social media or other communication means;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- to give you information you have asked us for – including on products and services, or which we think may be of interest to you;
- to track the use of referral links you have shared; and
- so that we are in compliance with audit and regulatory requirements.
How do we store data?
Your data may be transferred and stored on servers which are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and processed by staff who are outside the EEA. When you transmit or submit data to us you agree to such transferring, storage and processing.
We store the data we collect on our secure servers. All your data which is received by us will be subject to strict policies and procedures, and security features, to try and prevent any unauthorised access. We have a 100% HTTPS site, which means the data is encrypted, making it far less likely that data transmitted from you to us could be intercepted.
When will we disclose data?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. Our group consists of our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets. If we do this, we may disclose your data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets. This includes if substantially all of our assets are sold to a third party, as your data will be one of the assets transferred.
- for the purposes of fraud protection, anti-money laundering checks and credit risk management.
- where we use the services of third parties to process your information on our behalf. These third parties will be required to strictly comply with the instruction of Prime Pay and Tax Limited and your personal data will not be used for their own business purposes, unless you have given us consent for your data to be used in this way.
How do I find out what personal information you have about me?
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you (and to have anything incorrect amended). We may charge you a fee of £10 per request to cover our costs, and require you to prove your identity before releasing such information. We will use reasonable efforts to supply and, if required, correct the personal information we hold about you.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Personal Information Request”.
Types of cookies we use:
- Account and other user details: As mentioned above we store your email address, settings, details of your previous visits to the website, and other account related details so that you can more easily use the features on our website. We may also store information provided in a survey form, or details given when you have requested information from us.
- Social sharing: We have enabled sharing so you can share our content on various social media sites. As a result, these third party websites (such as LinkedIn or Facebook) may use a cookie on your computer or other device if you use these sharing options, or if you are logged into your social media profile while accessing our website.
- Customer service: We have customer interactive tools like Live Chat and support FAQs. These tools use a cookie so that, should you wish to continue a previous conversation, you can pick up where you left off.